Sunday, April 8, 2018

Day 8: Favorite Autistic Blog

The challenge today is to name my favorite blog by an autistic person. I don't follow long-form blogs much but I do watch @neurorebel on Twitter and follow her community on Facebook. I like hearing what actually autistic people have to say. Some of them are non-verbal or have great difficulty speaking, but their words and frustrations flow on this page and others. I also follow:
  • Autistic Allies on Facebook. To follow this, you have to make sure you don't break certain rules, and all posts have to be approved by a moderator.
  • Supporty McGroupFace - a site meant more for autisics to support one another. Again, you need permission to join and have to follow the rules of a pinned post - or else!
  • Carly Fleishmann - a nonverbal autistic woman who does interviews of celebrities using an iPad - they are hilarious. She's also an incurable flirt.
  • Emily Brooks on Twitter - I have seen her a few times at the UN conferences on Autism Awareness Day. She is a very good speaker.
  • The Autistic Beekeeper - because I also keep bees, someone pointed this out to me. I have not seen any posts in a year, however.
 What blogs or news sources do you follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment