Thursday, April 19, 2018

Day 18: I hate it when...

...ANYONE insults or is rude to an autistic individual or their family*. Especially in public. What most upset me recently is to hear the story of a young man with autism ordering food to go who was stimming as he waited for his order to be handed to him. Another patron of the restaurant said, "I wish people would keep their r****ds at home."
Why couldn't the rude patron see that he himself was just as uncomfortable as the young man who was stimming, and see common ground?
I imagine many of the people on this blog have similar stories, but I am not so sure I'd want to hear them because they make me so angry.

*(or anyone else who is rude in public, really...I have a soft spot for wait-staff and I really can't stand people who are rude to them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment