Monday, July 5, 2010

Macy's Independence Day Fireworks, 2010

OK, Sarah, you asked for pictures - here ya go! There is a video at the end.

But first, the preliminaries. As the sun set, the barges lined up and some fireboats sprayed colored water.

This was the scene on the roof of the building whence we watched. We were on 40th street, about in the middle of the viewing area. This building is 32 stories high (33, really, and we were higher than that on the structures of the roof. My tripod is already setup at the edge of the roof.

Is it dark enough yet?

Behind us, the Empire State Building displayed patriotic colors.

Is it dark enough yet?

Yup.









To the viewers at ground level near the river, these ones are supposed to look like smiles. My angle and the shutter speed kinda kills it.




Some shots of the grand finale...








The video was taken with my phone.

I took over 400 still shots, most of which are garbage, but with a digital camera it doesn't matter. I did switch memory cards halfway through, and I switched between a wide-angle and telephoto lens a few times.

1 comment: