Friday, July 9, 2010

Central Park, July 5th

Over the last two years, I got Finn an r/c submarine and an r/c boat. We've used them in pools and local creeks, maybe the tub. But every time we've gone to Central Park in that time, we forgot to take them to the Conservatory Water. This past Monday, we remembered.

This is the sub coursing through the green water there. It was fun to make it dive and see where it would appear next. The alignment of the motors is a little messed up so it always turns a little one way or the other.


I guess I am only allowed to post one video, so I chose this one of Finn doing what any boy would do, and that is chasing the ducks in the water. They looked a little disgusted as they waddled off.




At first we were one of a dozen people there. But as the hour or two we spent there ran out, more and more people came through and for once, Finn was not watching other kids play and have fun there - he was the one being watched in envy. I shamefully admit I enjoyed giving him the experience.

Usually, there are people sailing r/c boats there. I am not sure who rents what or how much it costs.

Later that day we went to the Coxing trailhead of Mohonk Preserve to cool off. Here the Coxing Kill runs through a 30' 10-15' deep clove in the rock. The water is always cold, even on the hottest days.

No comments:

Post a Comment