Friday, July 8, 2011

A Michael Scott Field Day

The beauty of the "That's What She Said" joke is that it can be used in so many applications where you might not want to. I find myself biting my tongue when in polite company or the company of those-who-might-be-easily offended and statements are uttered that beg for the punchline to be said.

Fortunately, my daughter Cara has a sense of humor. While working on her car door last night (the electric window malfunctions a lot), we found ourselves giggling over lines like:


  • I can't get it in the groove
  • It slipped out again
  • I can't get it back up
  • It's stuck
  • I need to oil it up
  • If you keep it greasy it'll go down easy

The joke is used so much at our house I am surprised we're not tired of it or that the parrot hasn't started saying it. 

Even Finn uses it, but he's not quite sure what it's all about. He just says the punchline randomly, and usually he gets it right or once in a while says it after something really odd is said, creating a mind-jarring joke that gets a sick laugh from all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment